11 Comments

1. said:

I am burdened by the same thoughts and conflicts of interest in my life, too. I added your link to my post coming out tomorrow. So appropriate for what I have been discussing with my readers. Thank you. I love your blog. jana

August 19, 2012
  2. mollyrhuggins said:

Thanks Jana. It’s encouraging to know that others are wrestling with the same issue. It’s good to be in community asking hard questions. I just left a comment over on your blog too – can’t wait to read Jen’s book now! I’ll be linking up with you tomorrow for sure!

August 19, 2012
  3. said:

Bushes that were eating the house. 🙂
    We bought a house once that was almost invisible because of the bushes. I feel your pain as you wrestle yours into submission.

I am reading Jeff Goins book “Wrecked” and am finding comfort—and discomfort— there. Your post with its great list of charities reminded me of something he wrote: The beginning of compassion is not about feeling better, but about feeling worse, because you can always do more.

Families in our church have spent time in our food pantry and have gone on visits to the local assisted living facilities. They might read, chat or sing to and with the residents. They have helped with shopping trips to pick out diapers or items for teen moms, and delivered them to our local teen pregnancy support center. The parents have said what matters is that their children are directly involved so they see who they are helping. If they have adopted a child through Compassion, they help with the letters, etc, too.

Good luck in your search. What a blessing you and your family will be to others!

August 20, 2012
  4. […] journey is going to be all about. She is a newer blogger and I know would appreciate your support. About Round Bushes, Psalm 823, and The Hunger Games Share this: This entry was posted on Monday, August 20th, 2012 at 6:30 amand is filed under […]

August 20, 2012
  5. This was very well written. I too ache at the injustices in the world. Keep on speaking truth!

August 20, 2012
  6. said:

We watched a movie the other night, The Machine Gun Preacher, and my heart ached all over again for the poor, the lost, the sick and dying! The feelings are sometimes overwelming! My heart echos urs sweet friend! We must do something, I agree! My heart was so burdened…how do I, a homeschooling mom of 3 small children, do anything that will make a difference? God encouraged my heart, for He is the one who burdens our hearts:). We are sponsering a child through World Vision. I am determined to teach my kids that this life is NOT about us! Its all about Him! We started a money jug for all our change, ALL of it goes to the jug! I asked them what we should do w/ it once its full, they said we should give it to the poor children who dont have as much as we do. Praise God its seeping into their little hearts! Thank you molly for the reminder, for the spoken truth! I love you friend:)

August 21, 2012
  7. Mary Sutton said:

I have been seeking an answer to this question for a while. I have found the answer (keep in mind I have not arrived, it is a journey)! Imagine what we can all do in this world if everything we did (wife,mother, job/career/hobby/volunteer positions) lined up with our purpose. How much greater would we pursue it, fight for it, believe in it. We would live passionate, purposeful lives and grow in love, fellowship and humanity. There is no one way to do it. I pray daily for guidance and then try to follow.

August 21, 2012
  8. […] is blogging month for Compassion International. When I wrote about Psalm 82:3 previously, I said I was unaffiliated. Now I am affiliated. And by that, I have volunteered (for […]

September 5, 2012
  9. Love your blog post and it is the same issue I am wrestling with in my family. Thanks for linking it to my site. I hope you link up again next week. 😉

September 5, 2012
  10. […] with my purpose on this hunk of dirt and rocks. STOP THE PRESSES. Here and here as a writer,  This one, and this, and my favorite, (as a Christian) and here, and here as a mother. Pretty sure there […]

March 17, 2015

I love to hear from you!